Old 4 Mar 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Accommodation

Well within a few days we had the following hotels booked:

Vancouver Island for 3 nights – we booked a suite at the Waters Edge Resort, which Mel had recommended.

Kamloops for 1 night - we booked the Doubletree Hilton.

Jasper for 3 nights - we had a problem here finding accommodation, as most were showing as sold out with 90+ % of accommodation booked there. Several people had posted recommendations in my previous thread, but although I’d emailed several smaller places, they weren’t going to reply for a while due to being closed for vacation in the winter months. I panic booked the Crimson Jasper on a cancellable rate, with the aim of looking into this area further for lodges or B&Bs that aren’t on the usual booking sites. We thought that we'd probably end up staying elsewhere, but to date we haven’t found a suitable alternative, so the Crimson it is.

Banff for 5 nights - again accommodation was limited for a full 5 nights here and we wanted to be fairly close to the centre to walk for dinner in the evenings, so booked the Banff Aspen Lodge (thanks Katie. ) I wasn’t quite 100% happy, as I’d worried about a lack of air con, but have been assured it is unlikely to be an issue. I can always look for other accommodation in the meantime if I wobble about it too much. It’s unlikely we’ll change though as I definitely preferred the look of it against other places (with the exception of the Moose Hotel and Suites, but as that is a lot more expensive, it won’t happen!)

Finally our last 2 nights are in Calgary at the Calgary Marriott Downtown. Parking is a bit pricy, but it’s probably not worth us dropping the car off early, then having to get a cab to the airport, so will accept it for the convenience for us.

That left Vancouver still to be booked, but we weren’t rushing that one. There is plenty of choice and we wanted to be certain about our preferred area to stay, before trying to find some accommodation.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List