View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 16offtodisney! View Post
We are looking at the Iona for next july, fab prices, can i ask what sort of weather you had?
Thanks
It was a mixed bag really. The first sea day was decent and we might have been able to sit out if the deck wasn't closed for a helictoper evacuation all afternoon!

Lovely weather in Stavanger and Flam, mid teens and sunny on and off. Olden was grey rainy and cold. Bergen rainy and cold but brightened up later on. The last sea day was very cold wet and rough.

I wore layers from just a tshirt to a jumper, jacket coat and wooly hat! You really do need to pack for all weathers. Especially reccomend the hat if you like to be out on deck watching sail away as it could be very windy. I also bought some waterproof boot covers for my trainers which were great for stopping my feet getting wet and uncomfortable. Of course hiking boots would also do the job but we weren't planning on any hiking so only wanted to pack trainers.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List