Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
A Cowboy Christmas: November 2018. Day 2 - The Good, The Bad and The Wurst

<<Day 1 - Wagons Roll

Jessie the Yodelling Cowgirl writes:

Howdy folks! Now I know what you’re thinkin’ – you read all through yesterday, and our pore weary travellers ain’t even got to the parks yet! Well, don’t you worry none, because today, they hit Disneyland Park, and they sure do hit it hard. Pour yourself a sasparilla and pull up a chair, and let my gal Gill tell y’all about today’s adventures…

My phone alarm went off at 6am and I hauled myself off to the bathroom to enjoy using the lovely little Mickey toiletries. Once showered and dressed, I put the TV on and found BBC World News, and made a cuppa for us both to enjoy before Peter got ready. By 7.30 we were out of the room and walking through an incredibly misty Cheyenne. I guess one of the drawbacks of going to DLP at this time of year is that you rarely see your accommodation in daylight! But this morning it really did feel misty and mysterious, which only added to the atmosphere. We headed down the path towards Disney Village, marvelling at how foggy it was – we could hardly see the Panoramagique balloon, and couldn’t see Newport Bay across the lake at all!

Once we reached the Village we headed straight for New York Style Sandwiches for ‘grab and go’ breakfast. We had free half board with our booking, and had decided that rather than waste time queueing in Café Hyperion for the infamous ‘omelette burger’ breakfast, we’d have it here on the way. I am indebted to the Dibb for tipping us off about getting the grab and go breakfast at this place, as it was probably one of the best decisions of the day to come here!

New York Style Sandwiches is a cosy little cafe, decorated with posters for classic Broadway shows. It was staffed by a cheerful and friendly CM who was happy to serve us, her first customers of the day. Our meal credits entitled us to a hot and cold drink each, so we both chose a latte and a can of apple juice. Also included was a pastry – a croissant for me and a pain au chocolat for Peter – and some bread. But instead of the hard little tasteless roll you get elsewhere with the breakfast, here they served a proper baguette (although my pastry chef husband tells me it’s properly called a baton – duly noted!) We could help ourselves to butter and jam as we wished.

It was so lovely sitting in the little cafe, listening to the music piped in from the Village outside, and relaxing over our very nice breakfast. We were the only customers for quite a while, and now that EMT starts at 8.30 instead of 8.00, we had plenty of time to enjoy our breakfast without rushing. I can’t recommend this place enough for a light breakfast. I know that in a few months DLP is doing away with the ‘grab and go’ option (hooray!) but I think if you don’t have a dining package and don’t want to pay for full buffet breakfast, this place could be a real find for some people. Highly recommended!
Other parks: Tokyo

Edited at 11:02 PM.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List