View Single Post
Old 20 Oct 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Sallyingforth
Earning More Ears

I'm getting dangerous! This ^^^ is where we are staying in France for the first part of our holiday. We have had lovely French holidays before but usually much further down south.

This time we needed to be a (self-imposed) maximum of 6 hours drive from Calais and 4 hours drive from Europa Park. I did a lot of pouring over maps and decided that Macon was in the right ball park. From there I did a lot of Airbnb searching and came up with this incredible medieval watchtower near Cluny. It has a gorgeous pool

and an unusual toilet situation that I'm trying not to think about!

We are hoping that the weather will be good. I realise that we are.not far enough south for it to be guaranteed. Our plan for the five full days we are there is mostly to chill. But we will definitely explore Cluny. It used to be the centre of the church until the naughty monks got too corrupt and greedy.

We also see that we are on the Green Lane cycle way so it might be nice to hire some bikes and discover wine country

And in an extremely lucky turn of events the tour de france will be 30 minutes away from us on our second day. The cowbells are definitely getting packed (but maybe not the costumes! )

Edited at 02:14 PM.
Sallyingforth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List