View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Help me spend my tax refund - any laptop recommendations?

Hi all!

I'm supposed to be working but it's too hot and I had an ace supervision with my PhD supervisor this morning so I'm excusing myself from an afternoon of work to be on the Dibb But anyway, I wanted to just scream from the rooftops that I got a letter this morning stating that the tax man owes me £550! I worked until September 2019 then returned to study so I'd overpaid on the tax in the earlier part of the financial year, it was a great surprise.

I have needed a new laptop for a while- I got my Dell laptop when I started my undergrad in 2014 but I think it's time for a new one. During Zoom calls my camera is constantly shutting off, the updates are unreal and slow and (I think) 6 years is a pretty good lifetime for a laptop. I was tied between getting new furniture for the lounge or getting myself a new laptop but maybe I can justify both now

So... does anyone have any good recommendations for laptops? It doesn't really need to be anything special. I'm not really a gamer on the pc, I use it mainly for research and word processing. A quick look on Argos shows there are loads within my tax refund budget but there's so much choice and I don't know where to start. Let me know what laptops you have and why you love them!
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List