View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Day 4-Saturday 20th October

Woke up at 6am today and I did some googling of directions for the day ahead. Showered and whatnot and were ready to leave the room at 7:40.
We walked straight to the Rockefeller past Radio City.

We accidentally walked into the NBC tour entrance and nearly ended up on the tour

I asked a lady who pointed us the right way thankfully. Crisis averted

We headed into the TOTR ticket area and showed our Explorer passes. The best later time was 5:30 so we booked that in and went on our merry way until then.

We headed out onto the street again and had a look around.

This area was lovely with its Fall theming, and there was no one else really around.

After taking a few photos ad browsing around we chose to get breakfast.

The area didn't seen to have many breakfast options so we ended up in Chick-fil-a.

Again, it was quiet and we sat in eating for a little bit. Didn't enjoy our coffees much and did bin them eventually.

Arron was wanting to check out the Nintendo store which opened at 9am. So we waited for a few minutes and then were allowed in.

The store was really cool with loads of old consoles on display, plush toys, clothing etc. And upstairs there were live consoles to play on too.

Arron got himself a Nintendo NY hoodie after some tooing and froing, their card machine was down so we had to pay cash. Lucky we keep some to hand!

After this we headed back into the Rockefeller complex for a Starbucks and got lost

Honestly we found all the black and gold corridors SO confusing!

Just walking around repeatedly and not finding our way out.

Took us 10 minutes to get out and then we walked up 6th Avenue.

It was Saturday so the street had a market and was pedestrianised which was cool.

There was loads of good looking food here too. Many Gyro stalls everywhere, but we continued up until we reached Central Park.

We saw all of the horse and carriages around the entrance but our plan was to just really meander up the park.

We did get a map which was a lifesaver.

Not far into the park we came across the ice rink and huge open spaces. It is such an oasis in the city.

I enjoyed all the different rock formations and things to climb(as seen below!)

And I thought this little bandstand was really interesting looking.

Then we came across the Sled Dogs statue followed by loads of others including Shakespeare

We grabbed a water and then walked up the Mall where there was art stalls, music and just generally more people!

It was a lovely atmosphere and there was set up for a dog festival

Then we got to Bethesda Terrace which was definitely busier but is super famous and recognisable. We know it from Gossip Girl and John Wick.

The ceiling is amazing too...

And then we sat by the fountain followed by watching some people boating on the lake.

Arron mentioned maybe going to the Tavern on the Green so on the way we ended up at the Sheep Meadow.

Literally don't have any photos of the Tavern now but we did see it!

This bridge is so pretty/spooky(think its now in You on Netflix).

We then hit Strawberry Fields and the Imagine mosaic. We saw some beautiful fluffy dogs on the way over too.

Imagine was very busy and we only stopped briefly before carrying on as it was a bit manic.

There was only one more area I wanted to go to which was the Shakespeare Garden.

Wasn't really the right season for all the plants to be bright and blooming but I loved the layout.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List