View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by alibeau View Post
Morning all and thank you so much for your messages.

Firstly and most importantly, DD has had her best week in a long time in terms of calories consumed (apart from her 'sick' day!) and has put on 1kg since her last weigh in at CAMHS which was just under 4 weeks ago. CAMHS worker was pleased with this though and felt most of the gain was probably down to the improvements DD had made herself prior to the meal planner being put in place

The meeting went ok, I found our contact there to be a little patronising at times, especially when talking to DD.

I could type an essay about what was said but the main concern I left with is that DD has been put straight onto the weight gain stage of the meal planners rather than the first stage of re-feeding. I await an email from the dietician to clarify.

DD's counsellor (private not CAMHS) feels that the CAMHS approach might not fit DD well and could be quite unhelpful in terms of DD's MH...

I've read more literature, read more posts, watched the Louis Theroux documentary etc

I feel that DD is the weight of someone with anorexia but does not have the mindset of someone with anorexia. I hate saying this as I feel as though I will come across as deluded or that DD is a great liar and/or that I am tempting fate... and it is very hard to 'defend' DD when her weight is so dangerously low.

So as always I am confused and torn and it is so hard to not let all of these thoughts and analysis to overwhelm me.

Luckily DH is as cool and a cumber, he's a problem solver, he is able to strip away the emotions, deal with the facts and press on... both DD and I are lucky to have him.

So, fingers crossed for another good day for DD, she has gone back to bed for a nap as we were up early to take her for blood tests. Only problem was, numpty here (me) forgot to take the paperwork so it was a wasted trip, doh! I am clearly losing my mind we go back at 2pm WITH the paperwork!

BB, the only bits that seem to apply to DD are, her weight/BMI are dangerously low and she has shown herself to be indecisive and controlling around food decisions.

She can now see from the meal planner (despite us telling her for the last few months) that her meals were made up of too much fruit and veg and not enough calories. She wants to increase calorie intake, she wants to put weight on (although she is apprehensive about this and around any type of change generally) and she wants to be better.

She would like to continue to eat health foods (control or preference?) but now sees she needs to get the balance right. She says that following the months where she had zero appetite due to her anxiety she now has to eat the foods she 'fancies' - healthy food, as she does not fancy chicken dippers etc. We are able to continue having 'Gousto' meals for our evening meal and so this gives us lots of variation.

DD has the same breakfast most days (so no decisions necessary) and after that we sit down, she chooses her remaining two meals and three snacks for the rest of the day and she is not allowed to change these at all.

That's it for now I think.

Any feedback welcomed as long as you don't call me deluded

Ali x
You don’t sound deluded at all, you sound absolutely on the ball. Nobody knows her better than you. Sorry I can’t offer any practical help x
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List