theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip - Day 18, Castaway Cay

The Land Sea and Wedding Trip Oct 2015 - Day 18, Castaway Cay

The previous day is HERE.

Wednesday 28th October 2015

I woke with the alarm at 6.55am this morning. I got ready then sat out on the verandah for a bit and had another look through the Navigator

Sorry, I don’t seem to have taken photos of everything with today's Navigator.

I did take a photo of the map of Castaway Cay that came with the Navigator

Soon enough, Phil and the girls were awake and we all sat out watching our arrival into Castaway Cay. Phil had been insistent that we had a stateroom on this side of the ship and I am so glad that we did, it was incredible seeing all of Castaway Cay whilst we backed in

There was a knock on our door at 7.34am; it was our room service breakfast. I had ordered cereal, toast, juices, coffee, croissants, muffins and doughnuts

We ate out on the verandah. This was lovely and I was so glad we had ordered room service as an alternative to going up to Cabana's

A few more photos

It really did look incredible and we couldn't wait to get off the ship and start exploring. (A stark contrast to me not being at all bothered about getting off the previous day! )

Once we were finished with breakfast, we slathered the girls in sunscreen then they got dressed. We had everything ready that we needed/wanted, so made our way down to deck 1 and were there just after 8.20am. Ryan, Bethany and Piper were already there and Dan and Dave arrived a couple of minutes later. We were off the ship just after 8.30am and saw that Mum and Dad had got off at the other end so we walked to meet them.

Already doing some work of some sort

We picked up some towels and started to walk around. We made our way to the Boat Beach for the guys' jet ski at 9am but they were told that it had been postponed until 1pm because it was too windy and the sea was too choppy. We carried on around to the first Family Beach and got a bunch of sun loungers and set up camp near to the water.

We had all decided that we couldn't pass up the opportunity to go on a bike ride (even though Madison, Kaley and Phil are the only ones who EVER go on a bike! ) and explore a bit of the island so we decided to do that now before it got even hotter than it already was.

It was quite a trek from our spot on the beach round to the bike rental area. We had already booked bikes for Phil and Madison so we just had to do one for me ($10.75 including tax). Kaley was too young to have her own so Phil had a bike with a seat on the back for her.

They stopped for a photo with the Olaf statue

We all picked our bikes, got the kids helmets and strapped Kaley and Piper into the child seats, and set off on the bike trail route.

Dan, Bethany and I were a bit unsure to start with, the bikes were quite wobbly and we all had something slightly wrong with our bikes, i.e. my front wheel wasn't straight when the handlebars were straight so that was fun! Madison was brilliant on hers and just got going straight away. Kaley and Piper both loved being on the back of the bikes and the guys of course had to race and go as fast as they could!

The 5k was going on at the same time so we had to keep an eye out for runners. We didn't envy them running in the heat, at least we had a breeze while we were on the bikes.

At regular points, there were water fountains with little paper cone cups that we stopped at as it really was hot. The airstrip part was great, a really wide and long stretch that you could go as fast as you liked on. Again, the men took it upon themselves to go as fast as they could on this, with Kaley and Piper on the back of their bikes, but they absolutely loved it and kept asking them to go faster!

We veered off from here and came across the observation tower that you can go up and have a look over the island

Our bikes parked up

We took a couple of photos

Then another family came down from the observation tower and offered to take some pictures of all of us

Obviously, this pose was instigated by the family taking our photo!

We returned the favour and took their photo then we went up to the top.

Continued in next post

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23

Edited at 02:32 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List