Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Continued from previous post

Phil had been taking photos while they were waiting for us to finish getting the girls ready

I think we ended up leaving around 11.15am and drove the not too far distance to Paradise Cove. Dave told us that the car would be pulling into a random resort to be able to turn around, as it couldn't turn straight in to Paradise Cove because of how big it was!

It was past Saxon's usual nap time so he fell asleep on the way

I think we got there at 11.40am, plenty of time to take lots of photos!

Pictures of the ceremony site and beach area

Pictures with people in!

While we had been taking photos, Dan's car arrived. (The photos with Mum in were taken after the car had arrived.) Where we were at the ceremony site, we couldn't see the car at all so no having to turn around and not look. She needed something out of her bag so I took it round to the Bride's room where her and the girls were. She looked so beautiful. I had seen her in her dress and then this morning with her hair and make-up done but this was the first time seeing everything together. She looked amazing and I couldn't wait for 12 noon so that Dave could finally see her.

All the kids were so excited and couldn't wait for it to start.

When they had got here and Mum had come over to us, she told me about Madison's reaction when she saw Dan. Apparently they were walking down the stairs with Mum and Madison just stopped, covered her mouth and said 'oh my gosh, Dan looks so beautiful', bless her. (I've just checked this with Madison to make sure I remembered right and Kaley said 'I loved Dan in her Wedding dress, she looked so beautiful' )

I went back and we all took our seats. Saxon was still asleep

Just after 12, the instrumental version of Let It Go started playing (this was another secret, we hadn't known what the kids were walking down the aisle to) and Madison was the first to appear. I wanted to cry, she looked so beautiful and had the biggest smile on her face, I felt so proud of her

Just to the left of Madison in the photo, you can see Kaley appearing from behind the bush. She should have been next but walked straight past the aisle she was supposed to walk down, bless her! She was so focused on walking that she hadn't watched what Madison was doing. She looked so beautiful too. Because of this, Piper was next because as soon as she saw us, she started running down the aisle

I think Helen, the Wedding planner, had gotten Kaley's attention now and she was making her way down the aisle, closely followed by Kori and Sydney

I LOVE their dresses, they are so beautiful and I think they all looked amazing.

Kaley, Kori and Piper sat next to Mum and Dad

And Madison and Sydney sat in front of Phil and I

The music changed to the instrumental version of A Thousand Years (from the Twilight movies) and Dan was walking down the aisle with my Dad. I honestly did not hear this at all, I was just so excited to see Dan that I didn't take in any of the music.

I mentioned at the start that I was biased but I think she looks absolutely stunning. Her dress was so incredible and suited her perfectly.

I have to share the dress back story here, as neither Dan in her Wedding pre-trip or me in my pre-trip had mentioned much about the dress, as we had wanted to keep the details about it as a surprise. When we went to the Wedding show in Birmingham to look for a dress for her, she knew exactly what she wanted. That was a tea-length style dress and she was 100% certain of this. Well, she tried some on in this style but there was nothing that wowed her or us. Then we came across the Roberta's Bridal stand and they had the 2015 Disney Fairy Tale Wedding Dress collection. We asked her to try some on, for fun really, and just for us as she really hadn't wanted to try any long dresses on, and she said she would. She tried on Rapunzel - this was nothing overly special. The same with Aurora and Ariel. The Snow White dress was red so we said no to that and she tried on the Cinderella dress. Well, this looked lovely. We all really liked it. We were starting to have some wow moments that we hadn't gotten with any of the tea length dresses she had tried on. We got her to try on Belle next and we all really liked that too. Now, though the dresses really weren't what she had originally wanted, she was doing a 180 and really liked these two. They both suited her so well and were really beautiful.

Excluding Jasmine (this was a jumpsuit style dress so really was for someone specifically looking for something like that) there was only one left to try - Tiana's green dress. We told her she had tried the rest so she may as well try that, it was just for fun. Well, this was another big wow moment. She came out and you could tell she really liked it, one look at my Mum and we knew she did too, and Bethany and I thought the same.

Now she had to decide which Disney Princess dress she was going to have! She paid a deposit, we went away, looked at all the photos we had taken on my phone and the Tiana dress was the clear winner for all of us. We went back to the shop during the week after and as soon as she tried the dress on again, we knew it was the one for her.

And that is how she ended up with this stunning, lily pond coloured Wedding dress. Of course, this meant that the five girls had to have the matching, extremely expensive , Tiana Disney Blossoms bridesmaid dresses to match her dress.

The mens, and Saxon's, ties were all made with the material from Dan's dress when she had it altered.

Anyway, back to today and Dan was just getting to the front. Dave was very emotional seeing her, it was lovely to see

The ceremony started. The reverend they had was lovely, he said some really nice words, though I can't recall any of them!

Dan had asked Madison and Sydney to do a reading. Sydney decided she didn't want to but said she would stand with Madison so she wasn't on her own

Dave was very emotional but the words were so lovely, I'm not surprised. This was the reading

I was so proud of her. She had been practising at home and read so well. Next it was my turn to do a reading

This was my reading

Continued in next post

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23

Edited at 09:02 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List