Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Continued from previous post

This was the view from our tables

We all had place cards for where we were sitting

All the kids had a gift bag filled with goodies

These kept all the kids occupied throughout dinner. Saxon really liked his cars

They had made personalised menus which was a lovely touch

Our servers were Roberto and Erika. They were good, Erika was very quiet and efficiently went about her job but Roberto kept trying to push the wines a bit too much. None of us are wine drinkers so wouldn't be ordering any. I'm not sure if he assumed because it was a Wedding that we would order it.

Dan and Dave told us that they were paying for the tip (we were using our DDP credits) and the starters and that we had to have them! Ok then, fine with me! My family of 4 was sat with Michelle's family so we decided to get a couple of the flatbreads to share.

First, the bread came out. This was lavender focaccia and whole wheat sourdough, both of which were delicious

We ordered the Pork Confit Flatbread - pork shoulder confit, sweet onion puree, cabbage-apple slaw, machego, gouda and brie

And the Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Flatbread - marinated tomatoes, house bacon, romaine and lemon mayonnaise

These were both so good. We couldn't eat all of it, they were both big portions, even for the four of us to share.

Madison and Kaley both had pizza, but I don't have photos.

Part of the gifts the kids all got was a t-shirt to wear to protect their dresses and a disposable camera to take photos

Phil was still taking photos throughout the meal

For mains, Phil had the Wagyu Beef Strip Loin - Snake River Farms wagyu, cauliflower puree, autumn vegetables and maple gastrique. I don't have a photo of this either, sorry.

I went with the Oak Fired Filet of Beef - Midwestern sweet corn risotto, grilled corn relish, green onion oil and popcorn shoots.

Oh my, this was amazing. The beef was so good, it literally melted as you ate it. I don't like sweet corn but was easily able to pick around it.

We had a look at the dessert menu and placed our orders

Madison and Kaley both had fruit kabobs with strawberry yoghurt

Phil had the Chocolate Pudding Cake - luscious chocolate cake with Nutella filling, meringue kisses and Chantilly cream

I had the Vanilla Crème Brulee - rich vanilla custard, caramelized turbinado sugar and California strawberries

This was really good too, really creamy.

Once we had finished eating, we went out onto the balcony/viewing-walkway-type-area right next to us

It was lovely out here. I think we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves for a while. It was amazing watching the sun start to set.

My favourite resort, Bay lake Tower, and 'our' room (the second set of big windows on the top two floors on the right)

After we were done taking photos, we went back inside and Dan and Dave settled the bill. We checked they were sure they wanted to pay and thanked them when they said yes. I'm not sure of the cost but we did use 8 of our table service credits for the four of us.

We left the restaurant and went down to the fourth floor. We stood around talking for a bit, deciding who was doing what. While waiting, we had a look in the shops (these are my favourite resort shops) and found the baby Pegasus cuddlies in blankets that Madison and Kaley wanted in Bayview Gifts and Fashion so bought them for them. They were $23.95 each but were on offer of $39.95 plus tax for two.

We went our separate ways now. Dan and Dave, Dave's family, Mum and Dad and Michelle's family all went over to the GF, where Dan and Dave had a 1-bed booked for the night. Ryan, Bethany, Piper, Phil, Madison, Kaley and I made our way to the ground floor to walk around to Magic Kingdom. We had a couple of FP's we were hoping to use before we had to meet everyone back at the Captain's Shipyard at the GF at 9pm (another thing to remember for later).

We walked round to Magic Kingdom and we got through fine and went to wait for Ryan, Bethany and Piper. We waited a while and wondered what was wrong with them at the bag check. Well, remember that champagne from the limo earlier?! It was still under Piper's pushchair and you cannot take alcohol into the Magic Kingdom! Ryan and Bethany did not know this was under there as they weren't there when we put it underneath so I think they were quite embarrassed, oops! They were actually to be embarrassed again very soon, too!

Champagne taken off them, sorry Dan and Dave, they came through the turnstiles to where we were waiting in the PP line for a photo. We went first

This is where Ryan and Bethany were embarrassed again! The photographer was lovely, she was fussing over the girls in their dresses and asking why we were all dressed up. I told her we had been to OUR sister's wedding, meaning mine and Ryan's sister as they were stood right behind us. Well, she thought this meant that Ryan and Bethany were the ones who had just got married and made them pose for some Wedding-type photos, with us in them too!

Of course, we found this hilarious, as did everyone else when they saw them on the MDE app the next day!

Still laughing, we made our way inside and decided that as it was now 8pm, we would only use our free FPs for Mickey (RBP) and Tink (us), and not make our way further into MK to use our scheduled Princess FPs. We had some more photos first

Then made our way round to City Hall, where we went to see Tink and Ryan, Bethany and Piper went to see talking Mickey. Even using a FP, we still had quite a wait. I was getting quite frustrated at how long we waited. Eventually we were in and Tink was great with the girls, and really complimented them on their beautiful dresses

Once we were done, we waited in the gift shop you exit into for Ryan, Bethany and Piper to come out. The standby for Tink had been 15 minutes and Mickey was 45 minutes so we thought they may be a bit longer than we were. We ended up waiting quite a while for them. Seemed that even though they had a FP, their line took its time like ours did. I was starting to worry a bit as we had to be back by 9pm. Finally we saw them, they couldn't believe how long it had been but Piper had loved it. She just kept telling us that Mickey kept saying cheese!

Continued in next post

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23

Edited at 06:37 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List