View Single Post
Old 13 Aug 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Nice cameras. Essentially same photo image quality as G9, it’s like a stripped down slightly smaller G9.

Main disadvantage to me is it doesn’t have 4k60fps, just 30fps but that won’t bother many. It’s then got some of the G9 features stripped out. Some features are extremely good and high end (burst speeds, 8k photo etc) but it’s the case of if you didn’t know about them and used a camera with them, you wouldn’t notice.

Even full frame cameras costing 3 times the price don’t really beat these cameras for video- an advantage of the four thirds sensor with 4K video.

These cameras are about the best in market on image stabilisation- in body and in lens (if you buy a stabilised lens, kit lens usually is) on the G9 I can basically take handheld shots in almost the dark at low ISO. G9 has six stops of image stabilisation, the G90 has 5 I think. This essentially means the stabilisation on G9 is slightly better, but G90 is still better than 95% of cameras on the market.

Never used the camera shop you mention- have you looked at Amazon? If you buy direct from Amazon for high value stuff like this, Amazon often offer me 6 monthly payments at 0% interest automatically- may be account specific. I think I might as well avail myself of that.
I have looked at all the reviews & comparisons and really feel the G90 is probably the best option, the only single thing that is putting me off slightly is the reviews mention a 1.25 crop on 4k Videoing on the G90, i understand that means its not great with 'wide angle' video's (Having said that unless you have fairly unlimited funds you never get exactly what you want) but don't know enough to know what impact that may have on its general videoing abilities also i understand that means it doesn't have a 10 minute limit like a lot of its competitors, is it worth the trade off ? For example my DW does love to record a Disney parade, is this the kit to do it with

Paul
OutbackAddict is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List