View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

UPDATE

Next on my list is to sort out travel adaptors so that I can charge my phone and laptop when I am in USA. As I haven't been to USA since 2019, I took this as a good chance to get new adaptors and upgrade to ones with USB ports. The ones I have, I have gathered over the last 10 years, so its time to get new ones. I will bring the old ones to an electric recycling depot.

These are the ones I bought.

As I don't drive I use the bus and underground transport system in LA. A few years ago I bought an LAP TAP CARD and I just keep loading money on it as I need it. The TAP CARD is a pay as you system valid on all bus and underground in the greater LA area, not just LA County.

Even though my last visit was in June 2019, when I logged in, I found I still have $15 on the card. The system has updated since 2019 and there is now an APP so that you can use it on your phone and don't actually need the physical card any more. The flat fare for a bus journey for an adult is $1 and the flat fare for an underground train journey for an adult is $1.75.

$15 is probably plenty of money on the card to cover the journeys I plan to do, but I put $10 more on the card , just for peace of mind.

I also checked out the timetables for the routes I will be mainly using.

For this trip, I don't really plan on doing much sightseeing in LA, so the two routes I will mainly be doing is to Hollywood and Downtown LA and to my friends house.

I printed out the timetable for the train to where my friend lives so that I can figure out on the day which one I want to take. I will have to get myself from Universal to Downtown LA on the Red Underground Metro Line, so its handy to have the times of the bus to work out what time to leave the hotel.

The LA METRO website has all the bus and train routes and timetables, and they are dated, so its easy to make sure that you are checking the most up to date timetable and route. There is now also an APP for LA Metro for real time timetables and when the next bus / train is due.

Any other journeys or places I might go to on this trip I'm not really planning out. The Red Underground Metro Line from Universal goes to Hollywood and Downtown , so on the day I will just head out and get on the next train.

Having done these journeys many times over the last 10 years, I know how long it takes to get to various places, so its easy for me to plan my day and allow time to travel to various places.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List