View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 22, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

UPDATE

Down to single digits

Its starting to feel real now, and now I can officially say this time next week I will be in LA.

This weekend I started on the last round up things on my to do list.

I put the travel notifications on my bank cards. I know this does not guarantee that I wont have issues but at least I have put the notes on my account.

I added my API info to the airline website. I had a bit of a panic when I logged into the airline and saw a flight change notification but its all good. It looks like they have changed the planes, as my prebooked seats have been been changed. As far as I can see, thats the only change, all the arrival and departure times are the same.

I have also started packing, as I will be working for the rest of the week and the day before my flight I have to go for my Covid test. I am packing enough cloth masks for 2 a day and each day my masks will be coordinated with my clothes This wont matter so much for the first week but for my park days, I will be Disney Bounding and I have cloth facemasks as part of my outfits. I am also bring a box of disposable masks and will most likely double mask every day. I just need to buy some Universal themed masks when I get to Citywalk, as I kinda dont feel right wearing Disney masks

I have also been checking the flights every day. With all the cancellations due to the surge and now the winter storms, I am a bit nervous, but so far every day all the flights have been as scheduled. I have also been checking the departures at Dublin airport to see what time US Pre Clearance opens at. Ireland with Canada and a few other countries have US Homelands Security before the flight. This is a separate and second security check at Dublin airport and it means that I get my passport stamped before getting on the plane and that I land in America as a domestic passenger. This is such a great way to start a holiday, and for this trip, it means that my layover is a far easier process.

So now its just work for the rest of the week and then once I get my Covid Test I can check in for my flight.

Goodness, I'm almost there
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List