View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
My daughter has non epileptic seizures and has had a couple in Disney. She can feel them coming so can always sit on a bench and then lie down rather than collapsing on the ground. Cast members have asked if we needed help but not insisted on calling for paramedics when I explain we don't need it. How likely is your brother to need an ambulance if he does have a seizure? I can't offer you too much advice but Bootrip2's suggestion of following in a taxi might be your best plan. Disney will do all they can to help you and will definitely make sure you get to the hospital ASAP.

Does your brother wear a medic alert bracelet? My daughter finds it very reassuring to have a bracelet that explains her autism, selective mutism and the Functional Neurological Disorder that causes her seizures. Many people with FND have one to make it clear they DON'T need an ER trip for every seizure.
I’d say 7/10 times he doesn’t need an ambulance but equally he can’t feel them coming on (& he has no known triggers) & will literally just fall to the floor with them if we can’t catch him in time & has on occasion smashed his head & caused himself a concussion, cuts etc. so I’m more concerned Disney/Universal will want him checked over properly more for their own insurance which I completely understand but as I said will make for a very complicated/stressful situation for us 😞
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List