Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I know when you write $18880 over 10 years it doesn't sound a lot but that's £16k plus interest plus dues! 100 points will maybe get you 6 nights in a 2 bed every 2 years, a 2 bed at AK renting the points is approx £2000 so 9.5 holidays or 18 years but that's only to get back your £16k you've still got to get back your interest & dues.
Personally I wouldn't buy until the exchange rate improves, I also wouldn't buy at Riveria, the resort hasn't even opened yet & someone posted a contract where the points had dropped 50% in value! The statistics are that most owners sell after 15 years & that's a big hit.
It's also worth considering, if you are "only" staying for 6 nights in your DVC, where are you staying for the rest of your holiday? These are costs that you generally don't consider, likewise passes,flights, spending money etc By the way it's very easy to sign up when you have your Disney glasses on, if you are financing then you have to do it there but I recommend that you look at Resale & if you have to finance then do it with a UK loan

SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List