Old 15 Aug 19, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Which resorts and how likely?

Been pricing up, thinking of renting points for our next stay.

About us...

We are a couple in our 50s with no children, and no car. We will mostly be onsite for everything including meals. Probably won't self-cater much but nice to have the option.

Not afraid of public transport, use it all the time at home, although being able to walk to a park would be awesome.

Don't care about pools as we virtually never use them. Don't care much about view as not planning to spend much time looking at it.

Our favourite parks are MK and Epcot, and we would be going in early November so Food & Wine would be on, and MVMCP just starting.

I'm thinking the best bang for our buck would be:

Boardwalk Villas standard view
Bay Lake Tower

However - how likely would we be to get BWV standard view? I bet they go like hot cakes at that time of year.

Also, why are AKV Value resorts so 'cheap' points wise? Is it just because AKL is a bit out of the way? And I'm a bit confused as to where the different categories are - are the cheaper ones in Kidani Villas rather than Jambo House?

Looking at this forum, AKV seems to feature the most. What are the chances of BWV or BLT being available on here? Or would I be better just to go through David's or another agency?

Or - do we just suck it up and go for AKV value if we can, and just use the buses like before?

Which brings me to another two questions (sorry!)

Say we go for a split stay, say 10 nights AKV and 4 nights BLT. Does that mean we rent from two different people?

And what happens if we change our minds and want to stay elsewhere after we have booked? Can we change resorts?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List