Thread: Fibromyalgia
View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Hi, this link gives a very detailed explanation about the AAP and GAP passes at Universal undercovertourist/bl...sistance-pass/

In my experience you do have to give quite a lot of detail at Universal about the exact nature of the problems you would have when queuing rather than the name/s of your conditions. But if you do have any medical evidence as well to back up what you say this also helps.

If you are refused a pass I would ask to speak to a Supervisor or Manager or try at another Guest Relations or return in an hour or so and see if you get another staff member who may be more sympathetic , there is a GR booth outside the parks in City Walk near the cinema as well, although they mainly deal with dining reservations.

I am sad to say that I once saw a woman who was tetraplegic refused a pass at Universal because she was able to get about on her prosthetic legs, and was reasonably able to manage with her prosthetic arm - I was appalled but again she didn't explain very well what it cost her to do so and the pain and extreme discomfort the rubbing of the prosthetics on her stumps in the heat caused. They simply saw that she walked into Guest Services and queued up to see them!

Sadly UO is now a no go area for so many disabled guests. MY DH and I used to be annual passholders, but because we both now have to use our own ECV's to get around, while we are able to transfer to manual wheelchairs at the rides as the instructions explain you have to, because we are unable to propel ourselves and have no one with us who can push us we are unable to ride.

Much as we still love the atmosphere of the parks the only ride we can do now is the Harry Potter train between the two parks, where we can stay on the ECV's and we simply can't justify the expense to only ride one ride. We have taken this up with UO management but there is nothing they can do to help us, we think the instructions need changing to say you have to be able to transfer and propel yourself or have soeone in your party who can propel you.

It just rubs salt in the wound that UO keep sending us e-mails saying we miss you do you miss us - yes we do but UO have stopped us from coming not us.

Anyway good luck and I hope you get on ok.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List