View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 16, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Continued

We tried our luck at Radiator Springs Racers and they were now letting people on. Hurrah! The queue was quite long as there was a backlog of people, but there was plenty to look at

The ride was AMAZING! It was so much fun and both the interior and exterior parts of the ride were beautifully done. The technology on the indoor portions of the ride was just crazy! Our little car won the race too! Woohoo!

You’ll be glad to know we left Cars Land after this ride, so there will be no more pictures of road signs and hubcaps! We headed to Grizzly Peak as it was hot and getting wet sounded delightful!

We grabbed some fastpasses for Soarin’, as there was a window opening soon. We went to the loo and mooched around for a bit, before joining the FP queue. I was excited, as this was the first time I’d have ever done Soarin’! It was closed for refurbishment when we went to WDW in 2013, then was closed while they added the extra screen earlier this year. The fastpass queue was really short and it wasn’t long at all until we got to the loading area. I’m not quite sure what on earth Patrick Warburton has to do with Disney or flying, but hey ho. I know lots of people are fans of the pre-ride video, so I was obviously missing something! I had absolutely no idea what the ride layout was like, so was a bit shocked when we got into line and got ready to “board”. We were in the middle row so we had dangly feet above us, but we were on the end two seats so it wasn’t too bad. I wasn’t a fan of the ascent and tried not to look down. The ride was cool, but it made me feel a bit sick if I looked around too much. If I looked dead ahead at all times, it was ok. The new ending was really lovely and I felt a little bit emotional I was glad to be back down on the floor though!

We went over to Grizzly River Run next, put our stuff in a locker and joined the queue. We were lucky and didn’t have to queue for too long. We were in a raft with a lovely bunch of people, all adults. I always love the sense of camaraderie on raft rides. We’re all in this together, we’re all going to get wet and yes we’ll laugh at you when you get soaked And get soaked, we did. Not really badly, but lots of water down the back of the seat and soggy pants! It was good fun, if a little short. The drops were fun and wet, but there wasn’t much else to the ride. Still, we enjoyed it!

Soggy!

We stood in the sun for a bit to dry off and then grabbed G his first ever Disneyland churro. I just had to snack vicariously through him!

I wanted to go find Anna and Elsa, but hadn’t seen where their meet and greet area was. As we ambled over towards Monsters Inc in search of Sulley, I spotted the fancy cinema/theatre where Anna and Elsa were hiding. We went in and I joined the queue while G went for a sit down. The queue was only about 10 minutes long - unheard of in WDW, even when you have a fast pass (from my experience, anyway!). I went into their room with two little kids and their grandma and it was nice to see them so excited It was really lovely to be able to see Anna and Elsa at the same time, as I’d seen them separately in WDW. When it was my turn, Anna and Elsa walked forward to greet me and wished me happy birthday. We chatted about chocolate and they told me to visit Ghiradelli and queue up over and over again for the free chocolate and tell them Anna and Elsa told me to, if I got told off haha They wished me happy birthday in my autograph book, then it was picture time. I warned them not to hug me as I was still soggy - I’d have felt terrible if I got their dresses all wet and gross!

nanasamboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List