View Single Post
Old 17 Dec 18, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Day 9 - Busch Gardens

Last time we came here in 2016 we had some pulled meats, I think it was pulled pork, at the Zambia Smokehouse. It was okay but nothing special so we had been researching other options before our holiday this year but nothing really stood out to us so we decided to just go with the flow on the day.

Once we’d ridden sheikra a good 3-4 times (great ride) amongst others, we started to get peckish and went on the hunt for some lunch. We came across a place doing stuffed pretzels, something we hadn’t tried before, and thought we’d give them a go. They weren’t great. We got one one cheeseburger stuffed pretzel and one ham and cheese stuffed pretzel. The ham and cheese was probably the better of the two, but we wouldn’t order either again. We wished we had gone back to Zambia Smokehouse after this!

Despite the limited food options, we do love Busch Gardens. Hoping that they up their game on the lunch front a little by next year - but not holding my breath.

We got the free transport to and from Busch, making it back in time for dinner. We decided on Cowfish in CityWalk for this night and were really pleased with our choice. I am not a sushi person but love burgers so knew I would find something on the menu I would like - and I definitely did!

To start we ordered some calamari which was lovely. Before this though they told us that they had miscooked the calamari and gave us some edamame on the house. We had never had this before but the OH really enjoyed it.

For main I had the Big Squeal burger which was great (huge!) and the OH had Doug’s Filet Roll. He hadn’t tried sushi before and said that although he could tell it was really good quality, he wasn’t sure sushi was quite up his street. Even so, we both really enjoyed this meal and vowed to come back later in the holiday to try some other options.

I also had a great cocktail here. I believe it was called a ruby panther.

Overall this was a great meal and we were stuffed, but those Toothsome chocolates we had seen a few days previously were calling our name... so we stopped off for a strawberry chocolate shot to end the evening. 😊 This was great and so much better than the main meals we had at Toothsome previously. Definitely recommend their sweet treats.

Edited at 12:21 AM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List