View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Avis Budget Group, Inc. is the American parent company of Avis Car Rental, Budget Car Rental, Budget Truck Rental, and Zipcar,consisting of its global brands. Its local brands include: Payless Car Rental, Apex Car Rentals, Maggiore Group and France Cars.Its network brands include: AmicoBlue, MoriniRent, TurisCar, TurisPrime, and ACL Hire. The company is a Delaware Corporation headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, United States. It serves 180 Countries.

This is why you generally find the Avis and Budget desks right next to each other. It is rather strange that whilst many laud Avis, Budget are regarded less highly.

Budget (or Avis) are very much my preferred car hire company and I have never had an issue with them. I always right ‘everything declined at desk’ next to my signature on every hire company form at time of pickup as a precaution.

Having said that, the issues seem to lie with the desk at MCO. When in Orlando, I always pick up from the desk at the Holiday Inn near Universal after a night on IDrive and a night in RPR or Hardrock. Great guys at that desk who also provide Avis (they are the same company).
When elsewhere, Dayton OH, San Francisco, Pensacola, Miami etc there have never been snags either.

I have not often had a choice of car with Budget and that may be due to where I have picked them up. Not being a car person, this does not bother me in the slightest, provided it is clean serviceable and of at least the level that I booked. I want to drive it, not lick, cuddle and kiss it. It’s a car.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 07:15 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List