Old 19 Dec 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Christmas Food and Cocktail Report

Is anyone missing the food trip reports? I know I am, especially the Christmas ones there are usually a few to look forward to.

Well this got me thinking. I've been a very poor dibber recently and far too busy to browse the site let alone read posts or comment on them. Now I'm off for Christmas and I'm pretending Boris didn't drop a bombshell in our laps right at the end of term as all I want to do now is while away a few hours reading threads on here, pretending the World outside isn't really there .

After I've done that, which I'm sure you will agree is a very good use of my time, I want to spend a good long time looking up recipes for tasty food and drinks. Then I want to spend a good deal of time making some tasty treats and then I want to share the photos of what I make. Maybe that will inspire some of you to share your tasty treats as I'm looking for inspiration.

I'll start off with peppermint bark. This was really yummy, it lasted at least 2 hours! We ate it while watching Guardians of the galaxy vol 2 last night. It's all gone now so I will need to get going on some other treats.

It went really well with some Fizz. but then everything goes well with some Fizz.

This afternoon I'm making Mary Barry's white chocolate and ginger cheesecake, as we have to have cheesecake at Christmas. To go with it we will have a Pomegranate Spritzer. This is a cocktail I made last Christmas for a party and it went down well. This year it will just be two of us drinking it, but still it's worth the effort.

Hopefully some of you will share your creations, or at least enjoy a version of a food report

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List