View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 21, 05:52 AM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

At the airport

My alarm rang to the familiar sound of ‘Hello? This is Jonah Jameson, roger, over. Is this thing on?’ at 5AM. I have that many alarm times set up on my phone with different tones, it seemed quite apt that this is one that indicated it was time for me to get up today when I’ll hopefully be riding Spider-Man later this evening.

As I’ve mentioned earlier, it was our first Florida trip for our two year son and what makes this a little more difficult is the time difference - We land at 3PM EST time which is his normal bed time here at home, so we decided to let him sleep until the last minute - Of course his room has to be themed to our favourite place.

[/url]

After the normal mad rush before leaving the house, even though we prepared everything we could last night, we left the darkness of West Yorkshire via a petrol station Costa for my wife.

We arrived at Terminal 2 West at just after 7AM. The East car park was full by the time we booked and some of the other options are being used for COVID-19 testing there unavailable.

I last used Terminal 2 in September and was greeted then by huge queues at every check-in desk so I was worried that today could be even worse with the amount of documents to check, however we were all checked in within 5 minutes with no queue!

We had our vaccines evidence and negative test results checked during the line, the attestation form were collected at check in (even though we’d do them online) and on the way to check our sons pram in, we were interviewed by a BBC radio station - I don’t think I’ll be listening to that one.

We went through the family security line so were done within a few minutes. Next stop duty free to collect some aftershave which I purchased ahead of time online (for 10% off) just as our plane arrived from LHR

We headed to gate 210 which is in the old part of the terminal to watch our plane loading up.

It’s 09:20 and time to board. See you on the other side!
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820

Edited at 10:26 AM.
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List