View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
As a non-dog owner I am completely perplexed by this and would love to understand the logic of this .
Sure , throw the book at the owners but an animal can’t do something bad and be blameless .

If a dog can can be all the things that make it ‘ a mans best friend ‘ , can be on Britain’s got talent , can be a sheepdog or a working dog in the snow etc , etc etc , then it clearly can be taught right from wrong and can be taught to be responsible for its actions . Surely it can ‘ understand ‘ blame just the same as it understands that it gets a treat or a ‘ good boy ‘ when it ‘ sits’ or returns to its owner etc . Otherwise it wouldn’t do it .
Why do you think all these ‘ my dog wouldn’t do that’ events happen ? Because the dog has a brain and doesn’t always do what is expected ?
Why doesn’t a dog carry on pooing on the carpet ? Because it learns that it has done wrong and gets punished accordingly .
Why are some dogs easy to train and others not - because they have a kind of their own .

I just don’t get how it can be NOTHING to do with them .

I fully get that much of a dogs ‘ personality ‘ is taught and hence the owner has a massive say in how it reacts , but it doesn’t control it 100% - which explains my fear of ( in particular big ) dogs - and why dogs like humans don’t do the same thing every time .

It would be the same for any pet by the way - whether that be a cat , a horse even a rabbit . Animals have brains .
Because the owners should have had the good sense to not take in a dog with a suspect history into a household with children. Animals like dogs do not have the reasoning power humans do. They see danger/threat and react. Humans on the other hand should have the sense to protect their children from danger which includes unknown dangers. In the case of this poor child
The previous owner had advised in the ad that it wasn’t trustworthy around other animals - why on earth would you bring a dog like that into a home with children?
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List