View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have sold several thousand pounds worth of Lego on eBay. When the boys were young, I used to advertise in the local papers for 'loose Lego'. When they had grown out of it, then I sold the sets, the obviously linked stuff and then the remainder by the kilo. I always started with low initial prices and never at any time gave an option of 'buy me now'.

As others have said, Lego fetches surprisingly high prices but in the case of sets, you have to be certain that that set is absolutely complete (or make it extremely clear that it is 'sold as seen'). Unless you are a real, total anorak and have an intricate knowledge, I would suggest that it is listed by set number , name and then put up plenty of images.

I had some really strange surprises.

I had about 12 feet of grey, Monorail track. When I listed it with a start of 99p, I was offered £15 within the hour. It checked out at £136.

I had one of the old Hogwarts that I had bought from a charity shop for £20. I got £145 without even the box or all the figures.

Loose figures, I built from odds and sods, put them on bases and sold by the dozen. I just used my imagination.

One thing I feel certain of is that I would never sell this Star Wars Lego or any other as a 'job lot' to a mate. I would even sooner break it down to weight and sell as loose. Imho the best and only way to sell it is by 26 sets, individually and on eBay.. plus what is left.

Postage is also an issue. Light weights are cheapest by Royal Mail. Anything heavier or dimensionally larger by Hermes. The prices and dimensions are easy to find, will guide you in your packaging and, in the case of any loose Lego, what weight lots you sell it in.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:05 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List