View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Switzerland Summer 2020 - Day 8 - Verbier

Today was moving day. We were off to Verbier (well just nearby). We had an 11am check out time. We packed up, J hoovered up after June (she leaves balls of dog hair despite daily brushing!) and by 10.50am we were ready!

We had really enjoyed the week here. The house was excellent - three large bedrooms, a good kitchen and living space. We never felt on top of each other.

The area was lovely too! Definitely a good pick!

J drove to start with. We stopped at the bakery in Andermatt for some supplies. A pasta salad, a potato salad, two cheese rolls, three danishes and a loaf of bread cake to 32 CHF! While I was in there J was approached by a French couple asking if there was anywhere cheap to buy food. J said everywhere was expensive!

We went via the Gotthardpass which was meant to be spectacular. At the top there was a restaurant with literally 500 motorbikes in the carpark. We thought the other passes we had done were much nicer.

After a couple of hours we stopped near Lax for June to have a toilet break and to change drivers.

The area suddenly changed from everything being in German to it being in French! The valleys were much wider too.

We had a text saying that the chalet was ready so we were able to head directly there.

The chalet is in a hamlet about 7km from the center of Verbier. There are three levels. The bottom level is a self contained bedroom and bathroom - after checking the internet worked OK there, O took that room.

Up the steps is the main house. On the first floor is a double bedroom and the bathroom. F took that room. On the top floor is the open plan living space/kitchen with a sofa bed. We got that! There are balconies both sides.

This is the view from the front balcony!

And the back one!

The owner met us here. The chalet was spotless and although smaller than the house we had left was really mountain like.

We unpacked then headed off to Verbier down a very hairpined dirt track! Not for the faint hearted!

Here we went to Migso - another Swiss supermarket. Another 140CHF spent but certainly cheaper than eating out!

The view on the way back!

After a dinner of egg and chips we took June for a walk up the very steep slope behind the house. Some lovely views as the sun set!

At the top we sat on a bench and took selfies - as you do!

And one of June!

Back at the chalet we played the usual games. I am still winning at Boogle but the kids keep nicking my words! I lost the first card game but amazingly won the second!

We all headed off to bed around 10ish. We all like it here - very different to Wassen but that is a good thing!

Edited at 03:02 PM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List