View Single Post
Old 4 Dec 19, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) Going Out in a Blaze of Glory - Summer of Sorcery 2019 - DAY 5- Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Sanaa!

Welcome back again - you made it...I hoped you would!

Thanks for your continued reading

Today was something of a food fest! Together with a bit of park touring and soaking up some of the amazing sights and sounds.
An evening sky spectacular was shared in Sanaa.

If you missed Day 4 it can be read by clicking here.

If you would like locate the whole index, please click here to get back to the start of this whole trip.

Welcome to Day 5 - Sunday 28th July 2019

The sound of the alarm was needed, I think we would have continued sleeping for another hour or so without it!

We were then at the bus stop at the Yacht Club at 9 am- the bus not long after – whilst, once again, the queue at the Beach Club was long and again lots of people could not fit on our bus.

Not sure how often this happens but possibly worth a stroll to the Yacht Club during busy times, if ever staying at The Beach Club.

We were going to Magic Kingdom for breakfast, a Be our Guest breakfast at that. Booked at bedtime last night!

Having been caught out the other morning by declining a walk up at 8-40am( not wasting EMM time!) , having made the mistake of not booking a slot in the range of ADR’s, totally without thinking of breakfast here.
Then there was not any chance after that, we had scoured My Disney Experience for a possible reservation time that fitted in with plans - as if by magic that opportunity arose last night.
(Another opportunity to include the shopkeeper from Mr Benn, once again! )

As we entered Magic Kingdom we were met with the Trolley Show, now usually I would be too focussed on the first queue of the morning, not today! We stood absorbed and soaked it all up. It was well worth watching , as it always is

We meandered up Main Street with no need to rush

and we checked in early for our reservation.

That was done without any fuss and we simply proceeded into Beast’s Castle.

The set up for breakfast is a little different than the evening food options. We hit upon a rather inviting breakfast menu and one which was so different than all the others on Disney property.

The choices were great

The boys headed for the traditional option whilst Alison and I took the option of something different.

The poached eggs on the croissant were perfect and made for a great choice, I went for the Ham and cheeses option , which was good, but I still wished I had gone for the Croque Madame.

The pastries and fruit ensured you were well fed and with coffee, Mimosa and refillable soft drinks this proved a real hit.

We did stop short of the Stella and German Grapefruit beer that was on the menu – just a bit too early in the day for that !

We all really enjoyed eating here and felt it was such a lucky find last night. Just goes to show that if you are persistent with MDE it will offer up FP’s and ADR’s as long as you keep checking.

We were Jungle Cruise bound after that and ready for “The Backside of Water”

Choose your favourite rear of the year!

Carol Vorderman hasn't aged too well though

Our luck continued today, as The Jungle Cruise closed just as we got off, with the storm gathering – rather too early in the day for my liking!

We made the reluctant decision to visit The Tiki Rooms to avoid the inevitable rain, the clouds burst when we were in there.

I just continue to file this with The Country Bears – I know it is an original, but I just wonder what someone was smoking, taking or indeed doing when this was all put together!

Pirates of The Caribbean followed, keeping dry and enjoying the short wait times too.

We have got to know where that ride photo is!

Meanwhile the rain had passed and the sun was once again back to Floridian summer scorchio temperature.

Then, to watch the parade for a picture to send our neighbours Ken and Maggie – they visited MK over 40 years ago and Maggie always tells us to say hello to Mickey for her. We always do, but amidst all our trips we have never really mentioned them – they are the crew at home along with Alison’s Mum and Step Dad. They deal with all the house things that arise when you are away for such a long time – amazing people are never forgotten on holiday but with this being the last one – I do need it written somewhere of our complete appreciation of everyone at home who has helped in looking after the home bit whilst we were off galavanting!
THANK YOU XXXX

A Haunted Mansion stop was next in line, with a determination to find out where the photopass pic was taken!

We also managed to get a better one on our exit.

Our next plan , just evolved, we were wanting to get back to the hotel so what better way than to do that in style

The Monorail to Epcot – now this is such a treat of a journey, even if you stay off-site, please make an opportunity to do this – as the Monorail enters the MK station it epitomises what the monorail was actually designed to do – the freedom and speed at which you travel to Epcot is still a true testament to that Experimental Prototype City of Tomorrow.

It also allows for a good nosey at the building work going on everywhere too, this was before all the huge changes to Epcot were announced!

As I type this now - I am aware that the place looks so much different - well worth that monorail journey just to see what they are doing

The Boys headed to Mission Space and then Test Track, whilst we had a beer in The Rose and Crown.

Before heading back to the hotel at 3 pm for a Beaches and Cream stop and a recognition that after the rain this morning the Florida pressure cooker was in full effect.

Temperature feels like 39!

After the rain this morning, this is never a good feeling in Florida – you know that the humidity and heat will blow at some point.

It was hot, and so the pool was enjoyed that bit more, we had decided again on the quiet pool as it had far more sunbeds and chairs available. We were joined by just another couple of families who had similarly found this a peaceful haven.

After a couple of hours we knew we needed to be making a move, we had plans for tonight and that involved getting a shower, getting changed and then ordering an Uber to AKL

We were Sanaa bound for the evening and for just $10 the ride was worth it.

As we arrived at Kidani Village and looking at the animals congregating near their ‘home gate ’ we looked at the sky changing rapidly and saw exactly what they were sensing,

When it arrived, it was a torrent of rain from the sky. The skies just opened, it was good to be indoors and we were thankful we had the next few hours planned rather than to be in a theme park in this weather.
As much as you knew it was going to happen you did not expect it to be as intense as this! Rain in the summertime - more like the eye of a hurricane!

By 8pm we were seated in Sanaa at a rather lovely table - Shelter for the evening!

As always the food here did not disappoint and the bread service in particular was so delicious that you only wish to replicate it when you get home (We still can’t, try as we might!)

Josh – had a butter chicken and paneer Tikka,plus aloo masala.

Joe and Alison had the beef and butter chicken

As for me – I had Durban spiced shrimp and butter chicken with dahl, it was something else.

By the time we hit dessert, the storm outside had extended into an evening night time light show in the sky, the size of which I don’t think we had seen before.

Lightning forks zig zagged the sky repeatedly and as good as it felt being indoors you felt for anyone hoping to watch fireworks or Fantasmic tonight.

It made for some incredible viewing and encouraged us to simply take our time.

Only the boys, rose to the dessert challenge and they were as good as they looked.

This little bit of magic wasn't even expected - anniversary is in Day 6! Lovely touch and I'm sure the boys tipped off about it!

Quality food all round tonight, but the storm viewing was something quite incredible. Unfortunately without photos!

We departed Sanaa at 10-30, quickly getting an Uber back to the Yacht Club( although the choice of music in the car left a lot to be desired - the clue was in the word explicit that appeared on the on car display) I can’t even type the name of the song as it will get me banned on here!

It was catchy though and we had to ensure that the boys did not keep this one in their repertoire of songs, though they did find it quickly on youtube
I did flag it in the feedback request from Uber!

Arriving back in the room and with just 7.5 km walked today we were soon sleeping with a view to an Extra Magic morning start tomorrow.

Lovely food from breakfast in BoG to Sanna – can’t beat the dining plan for that.

Thanks for sharing it with us and see you real soon for Day 6

Just Click here to start reading Day 6

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 10:39 PM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List