View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by masterchef View Post
Tom, you have been stuck on site too long. The signature restaurants aren't bad but they change their menus so infrequently and look dated.

I think a week eating along "Restaurant Row" will beat a week eating at Disney by a long way.
I'm in total agreement with Mr T on Jiko. It was our best onsite meal by a mile and we thoroughly enjoyed it.
I do like to see a changing menu though where a chef has been inspired by what's available rather than working on autopilot each day.
We had the chefs bench at Jiko and they actually suggested we ditched some of our reservations because they didn't rate them. Some they were very enthusiastic about though.
We were underwhelmed by DDP in general. It was ok but we felt we missed out a bit.
I think sometimes people assume you're eating offsite to save money but that's not necessarily the case. Some of the food offsite is far, far better.
However, if you're onsite without a car and you've got 'free dining' you're going to use it aren't you?
We absolutely loved the convenience

Edited at 08:46 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List