View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 17, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Bankrupt again?! Day One - Magic Kingdom & Crystal Palace/Longhorns

An early start, 6am! That was just as long as I managed to stay asleep for, not bad for first nights jetlag. We took the ferry across to Magic Kingdom, and then hot footed it to the Crystal Palace for a lovely breakfast. George and the lovely Bethany, her very first time at Magic Kingdom. 💜

We had a bit of everything, puffed french toast (yum), eggs over easy, shredded potatos (mmm), pancakes, bacon and smoked sausage.

Then we had some photos with Piglet, Tigger and Pooh bear! Eyeore never made it to our table sadly, despite me craning my neck out a mile to attract his attention!

Take note, no sign of George in these photos. No comment.
We had fastpasses for Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates, and Peter Pan and also went on Its a small world, which went on forever, we invented a new song to sing all the way around - 'its a long ride after all, its a long ride after all, its a long ride after all, its an effing loooooooooooong ride! ' Yes it is.
(But we love it)

We stopped for a refreshing dole float, the pineapple juice is lovely.

We decided at around 2pm to call it a day, and headed out, by monorail this time. George announced he needed a mcdonalds, so we went in search of one but just got lost in all the roadworks around Disney, dear lord its a labyrinth of bollards!
So, we just came back to the Hotel and headed for the pool, it has a lazy river, and two pretty fast slides, and was really warm water too. I went down one slide so fast it was like a scene from Norbit, the movie, ('Im sliding im sliding'! ) I shot so fast out of the end I thought I was going to overshoot the splash pool! 😂😂😂

We went to Longhorns, on Orange Blossom Trail South for dinner, we called ahead and still waited around 30 mins for a table, our appetizers arrived promptly and we devoured them having not eaten since breakfast, but we then waited well over an hour for our entrees, and when they arrived everything was just a bit meh - salmon so dry, broccoli cold, and our lobster tail really chewy and overcooked, I was gutted, we had lost the will to live never mind eat, and skipped dessert to come home and have a deccaf tea instead. Really disappointed as Longhorns was one of our top meals last time! So far not so good for dinners

Tomorrow we are at Walmart in the morning (Mothers day treat) and Animal Kingdom in the afternoon and evening, for the Rivers of Light.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 02:12 AM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List