Old 14 Dec 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Final Day & Flying Home

On our final day we felt so worn out so didn’t set our alarm to go off until 8am… I still felt very tired when it went off! After getting up and ready we went down to breakfast, where coffee was the first thing on the agenda. I had a couple of helpings of the breakfast buffet- first with eggs, bacon, sausage and beans and then on to a breakfast ‘pudding’ of crepes and mini pastries- not the healthiest but so delicious! After breakfast we checked out and checked our cases in to the luggage facility ready to collect later on in the day… When passing through the lobby we picked up a couple more chocolate coins for later!

We put on our coats, gloves, hats and scarfs and got ready for one last Disney day in the freezing cold. We headed into Disneyland park with the intention of getting Fast passes for thunder mountain, instead the wait time was posted at 10 mins so we decided to queue. We loved this ride!
We went to the shop opposite where I had seen the Simba jumper the day before and I caved and bought it! Mum also got a t-shirt for my sister as it had been her birthday the day before!
With our new purchases in hand we went over to Indiana Jones Ride. It took us a really long time to find this- for some reason we couldn’t get our head round the map lol. The wait time was 5 mins which was great as I was riding on my own. Again I really enjoyed the ride but it was very short! Wouldn’t want to queue for more than half an hour though.

We nipped to the Studios with the intention to see The Frozen show. We grabbed a quick coffee and a cookie then joined the queue- we were the second to last people let into the queue and this was 40 mins before the show time. If you want to see this you need to queue outside for a long time!
We thought it was quite average. It is certainly aimed at kids so id give it a miss as an older family/ couple etc. The Elsa wasn’t particularly great either.
In hindsight we wouldn’t have done this show !
We then headed to see the surprise Micky show- which again we lasted about 5 mins and decided to leave… It was cold outside and we didn’t fancy watching another kiddie show! I would recommend both of these though with smaller kids.

We decided we would go back to the Disneyland park and watch the Christmas parade Again. We had a better view this time where the parade came out! It’s such a festive thing to do- the parades may have been my trip highlight. We had a wander about the park, all the rides were posting big wait times so we went to see the dragon in the castle. We had never done this before and id recommend it! It looks very real.

At this point we were just killing time really. We both enjoyed Mickey’s big band show so much that we decided we would do this again. We stopped in the main shopping/food bit in the studios for a quick soft drink before heading to the theatre. We also had another stroll around before the show.

The show was delayed about 10 mins but just as fab as before. Again another highlight for us! We had done everything we wanted to do by now and it was getting close to 4pm. We had to be on the 17:52 train so we decided to say goodbye to the parks.

We decided to go to the earl of sandwich for some food. We both ordered the Chipotle Chicken avocado sandwich with a drink and some crisps each. They were lovely sandwiches. I think the meals were €12 each, not bad for what we got… although it was just a subway style meal really.

Afterwards we walked back to the Newport bay, collected our cases and found somewhere to sit down. We stayed for about half an hour rather than waiting at the cold train station. At 17:20 we said goodbye to Newport bay and our Disney trip! We got our tickets for the TGV at the station. A note if anyone is getting this train- they don’t check your tickets anywhere and you are able to buy them on the train. We could’ve gotten away with it both times which is annoying at €19 per ticket each way!

Anyways we got through airport security very quickly and then we sat and waited for our plane. It was running about half an hour behind but we still landed back in Manchester at 9pm as the flight time was only an hour.

Overall we had a great trip! We both agreed we would go again but probably not any time soon. Although we would like to take the boys at some point… maybe ill be writing another DLP report next Christmas

My highlights were the Parades, The Big Band show, Cafe Fantasia and the Buzz light year ride ( we did this three times but I think I only mentioned it twice… cant remember when else we did it oops).

My lows (nothing was bad) were: Bistrot Chez Remy- as I had heard such good things. The Ratatouille ride - id never done this and found it a bit meh! And maybe the weather, it felt very festive but I do enjoy the Florida heat!

Thanks for bearing with me and reading my trip report!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List