View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 21, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
bigseve
Imagineer

Like Salmin i’ve had cataracts removed from both eyes. Must admit i was nervous as hell before the first one and it’s the weirdest sensation i’ve ever known but it was fine.

My consultant knew how nervous i was so counted down each minute during the process. “That’s us 3 minutes in, you’re doing really well” type stuff. Typing it out probably makes it sound like they were talking to me like a child but i was really happy they did it.

The eye was covered with gauze and a small slit cut in it which they then work through. Folk asked me how i was able to stay still but you just do and how you don’t blink, the eyelid was effectively bull dog clipped open (it wasn’t but i cant think of another way to describe it) and the main sensation you feel is the water they constantly have going in and around the eye and the super bright light you’re staring into. One strange thing was the rainbow prism like effect when they move the new lens in and that remained if you looked at a house light for a few days afterwards.

It’ll only be once you’ve had them done that you realise how bad your sight was. DW used to laugh when i’d say how green the grass was when we were out walking the dog. The only downside for me was being able to see the wee bits of dust that float around and the midges!

Good luck, you wont need it though.
bigseve is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List