View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by howerd View Post
I’d agree with this. Do you think it could increase the direct price of SSR too? We are considering adding on and tempted to do it sooner rather than later. Exchange rate is just a killer at the minute.

We are here at the moment and walked back from springs last night. They had the lights on in a number of rooms in the building being refurbished. We were really surprised how far along they seemed to be, it appeared there were quite a few done out already... obviously that was only looking in from the path though so probably not completely finished!
Judging by the quality of the refurb which IMO looks very good and this new extra murphy in the 1 bed as well as presumably the studio, the desirability of the resort must improve. I was saying to my wife just now at breakfast that if they now have that extra sleep surface in the 1 bed, with the renovated rooms it will probably be top choice for us at least.
Whether this increased disirability converts into a higher price? Maybe. But also it looks like a recession is coming to USA and Disney/ WDW will be hammered probably so prices may go down if it hits.

Edited at 09:08 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List