Thread: Aldi
View Single Post
Old 19 May 19, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
wreckitralph15
Getting Excited

Aldi

Sad as this may be but we are heading out to Florida as soon as the schools breaks up. We're going for just over 5 weeks. I've read a couple of threads about the price of groceries and because we're staying off site in a villa I'm going to be shopper savvy in regards to "the food shop"

Normally when we go (for 3 weeks-not 5) the first day involves a full family stampede to walmart. Fill the trolley and top up when needed. We noticed last time we went the increase of items especially crisps (chips) which my family LOVE. Having 3 children (1 of them is a 7ft 19 year old) you can imagine the grazing they can do!

This time I'm thinking of going to "dollar tree" first to see what toiletries and bits we can pick up and then find an Aldi. Can anyone give me an idea of where they are located?

We are staying near champions gate and don't mind travelling too far to get the first "big shop" done. After that will top up in Publix and local supermarkets until we need to replenish grazing status for everyone.

As I've said going for this amount of time I don't want all our hard earned $$$$ to be spent in walmart on items we can buy back home for a couple of £. I'm sure I read a bag of chips in Walmart cost $4.99!

I've also stocked up on things like cereals, toiletries, etc to take with us. What things do others take with them when staying in a villa?

Any suggestions and locations of Aldi would be great.
wreckitralph15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List