View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 16, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
rnn1g
Gone all Goofy

I'm a size 22/24 and carry my weight on my boobs and tummy, at Disney I have been fine on every ride, no issues whatsoever.

At universal I was turned away from riding forbidden journey. I tried the test seat outside and just pulled it down and the attendant came over and just said no green light so you can't ride. Maybe with a push it would have gone green but didn't want to make a fuss so I left it. Gringotts was absolutely fine, I tried the seats outside and got a green light easily - however did see a guy who looked a lot slimmer than me who couldn't get it to go green so it really is down to your body shape so always try the seats if you're worried like I was.

Went on the hulk in the modified seat, didn't try the normal seats outside once I knew I could get on the modified ones as it was busy and there's modified seats in several rows. I must say the universal staff are great and make no fuss when you request the seat or when trying them out.

Also got on rip ride rockit on row 3 which I presume is the modified seats.

The ride which was a struggle was ripsaw falls as it is soooo tight getting in and out of it, i sat at the very front and just pushed myself backwards until I could get up, not graceful but worth it as the ride is awesome :-)

Went on minions, the Simpsons, Spider-Man, jurrasic park, popeye and these were all fine

Think the main thing is to try seats as it really varies person to person, body to body but not to be embarrassed (I know it's difficult not to be) if you can't ride as lots of people are in the same situation as you (lots of people turned away from forbidden journey whilst I was there). Don't let it ruin your holiday!

Edited at 10:55 PM.
rnn1g is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List