View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 15, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

...continued from previous post.

Next came Vegas in September 2011, 7 nights in the lovely Cosmopolitan, with a balcony overlooking the Bellagio fountains. We chilled a bit more on this holiday as we had been before, did a bit of sun bathing in the mornings, then went exploring in the afternoon/evenings. We enjoyed the tipping $1 for a drink while playing on the computerised blackjack machines. We’re not big gamblers! This time we went to see a show, which was amazing! We hired a Hummer for a day and a Mustang for another day and drove ourselves to the Hoover Dam, which we loved! Again a lot of shopping was done
Also, how difficult is it to get photos together when there is no other family member there?!

We struggled to decide where to go the next year, in the end we picked LA for 6 nights, November 2012 over Thanksgiving. Yay shopping on Black Friday! We stayed in Marina Del for 4 nights, then Newport Bay for 2 nights. This time we crammed both Disney Land parks into 1 day! It was really busy as it was Thanksgiving week, but we made the most of the time we had at Disney. World of Colour is now one of my favourite Disney shows, it was amazing! I’m so glad we went, however I compared it far too much to Orlando, and I was really disappointed with the castle We had 4 nieces by this point so I absolutely loved shopping in Disney for their Christmas presents.

We now decided we needed to be grownups and start saving to buy a house. My whole family was going to Orlando in October 2013, my 5 nieces were going, which I sooo didn’t want to miss out on … in the end we decided that only I would go so we could carry on saving. I had a brilliant time, but would never ever go without Dave again!

This is a pic of said 5 nieces, but now we also have a nephew, I love them all to bits!

The house hunting started early 2014. We found one in the March and should have been in it pretty quickly. This didn’t happen, we decided to pull out and looked again. We finally got the keys to our house in November 2014! Buying a house is the most stressful thing we have ever done, not an enjoyable experience at all!

The day we got the keys

Roll back to June 2014 in the midst of all the house drama, (why I am writing this pre-trippie!) and Dave took me to DLP for our 7 year anniversary.

He booked it way in advance on the 2 extra days/nights free offer, and managed to book the Eurostar on the day of release so we bagged 2 x Return tickets St Pancras to Marne Le Valle for £69 each! Our trip was 1 night in London at a lovely Travelodge as we were going to see the Lion King in the West End. Then 4 nights, 5 days at Disney’s New York hotel

I went with a total open mind about DLP after comparing Disney Land Anaheim too much. And wow, the castle! Cinderella’s castle in Orlando is still my fave, but I was blown away by how magnificent Sleeping Beauty’s castle is. And I loved that you could go inside it! We weren’t impressed with the food in DLP (other than EOS of course), but loved the rest of it and how you could walk to it from your hotel. And how close to home it was! We did a day trip to Paris, which was nice but we much prefer being in the ‘Disney bubble’!

On our first full day, our 7 year anniversary, just after 8am in the morning, this happened …

I so wasn’t expecting it as I never thought he would get down on one knee and definitely not in public! Even though it was still pretty empty lol. He did it in the perfect place as Disney means so much to the both of us, he did good

I hope everyone’s still with me, I wanted to give you a back story as I know how much I love reading peoples back stories on here!

Now onto the wedding planning…..

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando

Edited at 08:57 AM.
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List