View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 15, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Kind of continued from previous post…

We both had a week off work when we got back from DLP so got cracking straight away with the wedding planning! All my life I knew I didn’t want the ‘Big White Wedding’, it just isn’t me at all and the thought of being stood at the front of a church, in front of all our friends and family, well it scares me! Luckily we were both in agreement!

We already knew that we wanted a small intimate wedding in Orlando … we’d been together so long, it had obviously cropped up in conversations I had my eye on Cypress Grove and Paradise Cove (more on that later)! I got my hands on my Dad’s shift pattern for 2015 and 2016 to see when his holidays were (we have to plan our holidays around my Dad as he has set holidays each year). Initially we thought 2016 to give people long enough to save, but we just felt that was too long away and the fact that we could start booking things there and then for 2015 was so enticing! So, we decided on October 2015! First though we needed to find out numbers…

We quickly pulled together this save the date invite:

Sorry for the rubbishy photos and I don't have one of the inside!

Everyone was so overjoyed and happy for us and we had immediate yesses from most people! We only invited our immediate family, 17 people, of which 12 are coming.

Here’s the cast:

My parents Lorraine and Mick

And a picture of them with their 5 granddaughters on holiday in 2013

My sister Lisa, brother-in-law Phil, and their daughters Madison (7) & Kaley (4)

My Brother Ryan, sister-in-law Bethany and their daughter Piper (2) - This is a photo from when we were on holiday in 2013 so I have included a more recent photo of Piper below.

Dave’s parents Helen and Kevin, and his only brother Adam. I haven’t asked if they would like to be included in this report so I will leave them out for now.

Just because I can, here’s a pic of me Madison and Kaley.

I wanted to put one up of me and Piper but I don’t have a recent one where she’s not trying to get away from me! So here’s one of her from the other day

Sadly, my sister Michelle, her partner Jamie and their 3 kids can’t come. I never in a million years thought they wouldn’t come, they will be missed terribly, but I understand that it was such a big ask and we look forward to celebrating with them at the party back home

Next time, more wedding planning!

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando

Edited at 09:01 AM.
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List