View Single Post
Old 3 May 17, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaynew
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Day 1 - Be Our Guest and Wolfgang Puck Express

Thank you for all the lovely comments

I didn't have time to write up day 1 yesterday, but having a bit of quiet time now, so a good chance to catch up. We had breakfast and lunch at Be Our Guest and then dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express. We used 12 QS credits, but have a few oop TS meals planned, so it's not a problem

I pre-ordered breakfast at Be Our Guest and we chose:
Me - Open-Faced Bacon and Egg Sandwich: Poached Eggs, Applewood Bacon, Brie Cheese, and Arugula on a Croissant served with Fresh Fruit and a selection of pastries.
Andy - Croque Madame: Open-faced Ham Sandwich topped with a Fried Egg, Gruyere Cheese, and Béchamel served with Fresh Fruit and a selection of pastries.
Izzy - French Toast Brioche: Bread served with Fresh Fruit and a selection of pastries.
Brodie - Feast A La Gaston: Scrambled Eggs, Herb-Roasted Potatoes, Apple Smoked Bacon, and Sausage served with Fresh Fruit and a selection of pastries.

The only thing that Izzy really fancied was the French toast brioche from the kids menu, but when she had this last year the portion was tiny (1 slice of brioche cut in half), so my plan was to ask if we could get an adult portion as she's 15 and on the adult plan. If they said no, then I was just going to use an extra credit and order another meal for her. Fortunately the CM was very helpful and sorted an adult sized portion out for her (2 slices of brioche cut in half), which along with a couple of pastries was fine for breakfast.

I had the egg and bacon sandwich last year, but it was on half a baguette then and too much for me. They've changed it and it's now on a croissant, which I personally found much better. One thing I do wish though, is that they'd allow you to opt out of the fruit as it's predominantly melon and so much must get thrown away. If you're reading, Gopherlass, we did have 11 grapes between the 4 of us

I know people often report getting cold food, but I'm pleased to say that we all received warm/hot food (varied depending on the meal). We all really enjoyed our breakfast here and it's great value on the dining plan, but no way would I pay oop for it. For not much more you can eat at Crystal Palace.

Lunch was also at Be Our Guest. We really enjoy lunch there and like not having to worry about QS queues at lunchtime. We pre-ordered:
Me - Potato and leek soup (using a snack credit)
Andy - Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin Style): Eight Hour Slow-cooked Pork with Mushrooms, Onions, Carrots and Bacon served with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans Jardiniere.
Izzy - Grilled Shrimp: Grilled Shrimp with Broccoli and pommes frites (from the kids menu). The photo shows 2 lots of shrimp in the bowl, but just 1 lot of broccoli and fries, just in case people were wondering about portion size.
Brodie - Carved Turkey Sandwich: Carved Turkey Sandwich served warm on a Baguette with Dijon Mayonnaise and Pommes Frites. (minus the Dijon mayonnaise).
Apologies for all the capitals, but I'm copying and pasting from the disney website.

Izzy normally has the beef baguette, but loves shrimp, so when I saw this on the kids menu I decided to order that for her instead. Again, I asked if she could get an adult portion, but this CM said no So, I just ordered her an extra kids meal to ensure she had a decent sized meal. I knew we'd have plenty of food even though we'd only really ordered 3 meals and a snack. I wanted to try the braised pork but am funny about things that have bacon cooked in them. I love a bacon sandwich, but am not a fan of it in cooking, so wasn't sure if it would be too much for me. So, the plan was to share this with Andy, who would also eat Brodie's fries (he doesn't eat potato at all), and I also had the soup. Well, the braised pork was delicious and I could quite happily have eaten it myself, but I was good and shared Everything else was lovely and quickly devoured. They even managed to cook the broccoli so that you could bite in to it without breaking a tooth, which is what we normally find with broccoli at Disney.

Dinner was at Wolfgang Puck Express which is a dibb QS favourite, and definitely one of ours. We ordered:
Me - Rigatoni Bolognese with Broccolini and Herbed Ricotta
Andy - Pepperoni Pomodoro pizza with Carmalized Onions, Basil and Parmesan
Izzy - Half Rotisserie Chicken with Garlic Butter, Rosemary and Mashed Potatoes which we swapped for fries
Brodie - Spaghetti & Chicken Meatballs in a tomato sauce with Torn Basil and Parmesan

This was all delicious and I like the addition of the broccolini to my meal as it's a bit of veg, which I find can be lacking at Disney restaurants. I'm glad we have the dining plan though as with 4 drinks, this Neal would have cost $82. Add that to breakfast and lunch and we definitely got value out of the credits we used today.

Snacks were pretty uninspiring today, so no photos (other than the soup at BOG. We had:
1 croissant, 1 pain au chocolat, 3 helpings of soft serve ice cream and 1 Micky ice cream sandwich.

Day 2 is Hollywood Studios and CBR.
We went to WPE on our first full day there as well. Wonder if we were in there at the same time! We thought the food was lovely but the servers were shocking and the wine was vile!
Jaynew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List