View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Audi A5s certainly from a few years ago have a high vulnerability. Our town has had a spate of thefts, including my next door neighbour who had his taken a year ago. Thieves did not even have to relay, there was a device which gave them access to remotely open the door and then they started it up via the OBD port. I was amazed to watch the CCTV, as no relay required. I know quite a bit about this stuff and even I was surprised to see how they got in that. The gang with the same device took multiple A5s and Q5s from our town. However a 70 reg may have new key, I’d check. But as it wasn’t a relay, the key may not save it unless they have plugged the vulnerability. I would recommend a steering lock on the A5 currently.

Best keys are BMW. They now have the motion sensor in, but give loads of data on interrogation. As long as it’s driven a minimal distance for example, with a BMW key you can see how far it’s driven, when the key was last used etc all from reading it. Best technology. Merc is also good.

BMW are going the way of Tesla Model 3 and also introducing an iKey across the range which is an app and can be used with an Apple phone, quite securely.
The BMW App is good, I can see where my car is, what the diesel level is, the trips it's done, turn on the air to heat the car before getting in without turning the engine on and a host of other things - None of which I use.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List