View Single Post
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Airport hotel or early start?

If you have a morning flight, what do you do?

We have always stayed over at one of the Manchester airport hotels the night before (Raddison Blu for preference) We have done the package with 2 weeks car parking.
We live 90 minutes from the airport. This time our flight is a bit later, 11.55 so feasibly we could just get up and go there in time for the 9 am check in.
As we are a family made up of 3 groups, I am wondering about getting a mini bus to pick us up and drop us at the airport, and pick us up at the end of the holiday. This would cost more than paying for parking 2 cars, but less than 3 rooms and parking for 2 cars at the airport.
There is something nice about staying the night before I know, plus no worries about traffic hold ups. We fly on a Sunday though so hopefully that is less of a worry.
The cost of flights next April are horrendous, so I am trying to maybe save a little where we can, particularly for the others who have kids.
No one having to drive home after an overnight flight is a big bonus to my mind too.

Edited at 08:52 PM.
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List