View Single Post
Old 19 May 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by steve@mac155.f View Post
Home Away were trying to force owners to refund guests against their cancellation policies by threatening that were owners didn't their adverts would end up buried at the bottom of the listings which is blackmail especially when owners are paying high prices to advertise on the site.

Abnb refunded guests without taking into consideration the owners T&C's and without even informing the owners that they refunded guests and leaving many hosts in desperate situations.

Steve
Steve, thank you.
I know this may not have been great for the owners but as a renter this makes me more inclined to book through them with the owners that survive.
Unfortunately the likes of these companies have got too big but they will continue to attract renters after this. I have actively avoided them in the past but will think twice now.
Obviously, there has been more than enough glowing posts about how you have looked after your guests so are probably the exception to the rule!
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List