View Single Post
Old 20 May 20, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
When IAG CEO appeared before MP's last week he said that they still wanted to serve Gatwick - everything is in a state of flux at the moment so we are unsure as to if and when BA will return to Gatwick - no one knows. Hotels and Parking are slightly different at Heathrow than they are at Gatwick - some hotels do a combined rate but they would be expensive. I am sure other Dibb members will be along soon with suggestions for parking. If you stay at the Thistle you can use the Pods (Google them) to go to T5 in about 5 minutes max - be warned there's a charge of £5 to get through their gate to the Pods.

There are a number of hotels on Bath Road for various budgets including Premier Inns (there's one very close to the Thistle and the Premier Inn T4 is popular. There are also two hotels at Terminal 2/3 - the Aerotel and the Hilton Garden Inn

headforpoints/2019/1...ow-terminal-3/

headforpoints/2019/0...ow-terminal-2/

BA's main terminal is T5 and the Miami flight in normal times goes from T3 but we will have to wait for BA to announce their intentions for terminal operations. Sorry can't be more help.

Edited: Mr Tom Morrow would be able to give some good suggestions for Premier Inns I am sure. If I stay when travelling from T5 I use the Sofitel but it's not the most economical.
SC

Many thanks for this. Can't do anything about parking or hotels until an official announcement so I won't speculate

Mick

Edited at 07:01 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List