View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Post Your Barbecue Food and Discussion Thread

Hi Everyone

Some may know I’m passionate about barbecue - all kinds from grilling, searing, to low and slow smoking.

I love seeing what people have barbecued and also seeing new and creative ways to barbecue.

We have periodically posted our creations on other threads but I thought a dedicated thread may be a good idea. Please post your creations.

Today I just bought a lovely slab of pork ribs from the farm shop of a pig farm near us (£5.95) and I’ve rubbed with Angus and Oink ‘Sweet Bones and Butts’.*

I’ll be smoking it at 225-250 f (The Americans use Fahrenheit and when I started smoking it was mainly US sites, so I always work in that and not Celsius) , and anticipate it will need 2 hours smoke, 2 hours wrapped, and then maybe 30 mins to an hour unwrapped and mopped with Sweet Baby Ray Barbecue sauce. So a 4.5 hour ish cook until very tender. Just cranking up the Kamado now. I’ll post the finished product later.

* A pork ‘butt’ in barbecue parlance is not a cut from the backside but it’s bone in pork shoulder used to make pulled pork, hence that’s why the rub has this name.

Edited at 12:27 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List