View Single Post
Old 14 Sep 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fissycist View Post
DD2 aged 17 wanted to study medicine at university until about a year ago but changed her mind and doesn’t know what she wants to do. She loves her football and has been selected to play for a ladies team so now we are thinking about looking into a soccer scholarship at an American University. Scary stuff but I am told it would be her best opportunity if she is serious about football.
She wants to sort it out for herself and doesn’t want my input …. Hard for person whom likes to organise😉
At the end of the day I don’t want to push her in any direction and just want her to be happy. It doesn’t matter if she needs to take a year out to decide. Life is too short and I would rather she didn’t agonise over trying something she really isn’t sure about.
I think it will work out for the best one way or another - my own path to my final career was a bumpy ride so I just need to take a back seat until she works it out.
I have a friend who did that and she got over 100 caps for Scotland. She went to Florida Atlantic University and had a fabulous time. She is now in her 40's and is a firefighter but what a life experience she has had.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List