Thread: Virgin Holidays
View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sakiki View Post
My only worry about Virgin is whether they’ll still be in business by the end of 2021. There was an interesting post on one of the US Disney boards just recently about the US keeping the border closures in place between the UK/Europe and the US and that the US airlines are perfectly happy with this for the present as they’re hoping that Virgin and perhaps a few other European carriers will go under, releasing the routes and landing slots currently monopolized by Virgin and BA on direct flights between London and Orlando. I assume that Delta would be in pole position in that respect. The original poster also posited that transatlantic routes won’t reopen until November 2022 due to the midterm elections, as any COVID uptick thought to be a result of opening the borders would be used by the opposition as a stick to beat the current administration… (Yes, this is veering into conspiracy theory territory but it’s an interesting take on the situation nonetheless. The US airlines are easily surviving on domestic flights; some of those edge into the long haul category anyway.)
And that has been my fear throughout. At the present time as I repeatedly plan vacations then cancel them, I will only consider the purchase of flights from BA, American Airlines, Delta and United.
Fortunately for me, these are also generally the cheapest on the routes that we seek!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List