View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 16, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
McDonald's, Starbucks and Earl of Sandwich must be celebrating at this news. Assuming there's no change to the breakfast offerings the prices are just ridiculous.

I had a look at some comparisons to the DLH breakfast. An equivalent breakfast in Florida (imo) is 1900 Park fare at the Grand Floridian which is $30 and has characters and a bigger food selection.

The kids prices are particularly insane too, £21 for a 3 year old who will probably eat one plate of food.
I can see the comparison with Park Fare, but I personally wouldn't say the DLH comes near on it's breakfast. And I love the DLH breakfast - the one thing it does have is a magical view that is quite unique though. I'd say even the food offerings at Park Fare were better and of course, the characters were amazing.

Clearly they want to do away with the option of breakfast - I don't know why they just didn't do that? Or, perhaps they want to push their full meal plan? I guess if you got a 'meal deal' free with your package then that's an option.

I still can't understand the logic of not having it included as standard at the DLH, at the prices they charge per night, but will include it in the cheaper Club rooms at SQL/NPB. They already include 1 free FP per day which isn't included in standard rooms in other hotels, so I'm sure they could differentiate with this.

I've emailed the link to my Mum. As much as I love the DLH, I think without breakfast, I just can't justify £400+ per night for next May, even if it does include tickets. The sad thing is, Mum hasn't been for a good few years but actually loves the breakfast at DLH (she's not a ride person), and always looks forward to it.

Perhaps that's the next thing - if they are pulling resorts in line. Kiss goodbye to tickets being included in packages... Seems to make sense. If they dramatically increase AP prices and drop tickets out of packages, I wonder what people will do! I wouldn't pay some of those AP prices quoted in that survey.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List