View Single Post
Old 26 May 18, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FSnug View Post
Definitely visit any contenders. What looks good as a course on paper may not be what you sense when you visit. The organisation of the open days can be a good reflection of the organisation within the university and the quality of the student guides can also influence the experience. Talk to existing students - ask questions. I went with DS and I sensed different things to him - he was rightly majoring on course content and structure and I was looking at everything else - from halls to finance to transport. At the end of each visit we would go for a coffee or meal and see if we agreed on the feel and course. We did every time! He has just finished his second year at Portsmouth doing Film Production and is loving it. Small city (lots of night life if you want it, though he doesn’t), good train link for us, is happy with the course and is doing well and lots of private rental accommodation - though there is also lots of halls accommodation, some very new, at a variety of prices, and most a close walk to the uni.
Thanks some great advice. My DD has asked me to concentrate on the accommodation, costs etc as it is a lot to take in. She wants to concentrate on the courses and the feel of the uni.

She has looked at the same course as your son and is still considering a visit to Portsmouth to look at this course so it's good to hear that it seems interesting and is a nice city. 😊

Edited at 11:17 AM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List