Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile Day 12 - McDonald’s, Cowfish, Voodoo Doughnuts & Volcano Bay

Day 12 - McDonald’s, Cowfish, Voodoo Doughnuts & Volcano Bay

Today we were up and out as we wanted to make the most of our Universal tickets. We popped into McDonald’s on route for quickness. Most people had sausage/bacon/egg muffins. Said they tasted the same as home. I had a bagel and G had a mc griddle.

We had a great morning in both parks and worked up an appetite.

Our lunch destination was Cowfish

We had been really looking forward to this. Not sure it was open the last time we were here.

We were told there was a 55 minute wait for inside or we could be seated straight away upstairs in the outside terrace in the shade with fans. We opted for the latter which worked out great. This was our view and had the area mainly to ourselves. It felt nice and cool.

Quickly given menus by our young nervous server. Lots of pages and so many choices.

Our friend ordered a beer. Never had it served with an orange before!

Lots of different soft drinks ordered but the server kept spilling them and pouring the wrong ones. He was really apologetic and we kind of felt sorry for him. We got there in the end and all was fine.

My phone was passed round so everyone took their own food photo then dived in.

The C.B.C.L.T

The Dynamic Duo

Hamburgueser

The Cowfish has officially left the building burger

Our friend decided to make the most of being in America and live the American burger dream. But after 2 bites he said peanut butter and fried bananas weren’t his greatest choice! He did finish it though.

The rest of us opted for the Bento boxes

These were all really good. The tuna was ultra delicious.

Once our server had given us our meals and we had taken one bite, he asked if we would like desserts or milkshakes! Normally this would really annoy us but we politely declined as we came to the conclusion he was trying really hard and it was possibly his first day in the job.

Great meal all round and plenty more sushi options on the menu I would like to try one day.

Similar price to NBC Sports Grill. There was a 50/50 split as to who preferred each restaurant.

Liked the artwork inside. This is how I felt!

We were all really full but went to Voodoo Doughnuts for the first time. I was really looking forward to these as they are one of my favourite foods! We decided to buy and pack them in our bags and eat them back in the villa later on.

Compulsory shot outside.

I’d been researching beforehand but when we got there it was all rather busy, the queue moved quickly and suddenly felt a tad overwhelmed and still hadn’t made a decision when I came face to face with the server.

Really liked the decor and smell inside.

She did explain the donuts at the front tasted like regular ones and the ones at the back were more doughy and cake like.

We had already planned to share but was tempted to buy more but didn’t think I could fit anymore into our ruck sack. Hoped we could return to buy more but sadly we ran out of time and never did. More photos later on back in the villa...

We then went to Volcano Bay for the last time. This was my view. Everyone loved their time here and we were sad to leave.

Once we arrived back at the villa we unpacked our doughnuts.

Apple fritter (fried dough with apple chunks and cinnamon covered in a glaze). This was huge and so good, even though it didn’t look aesthetically pleasing...

Triple chocolate. This was smaller but full of flavour.

Our friends chose these ones. I even took a photo of the bag to nudge my memory, but weeks on... Ermmm... ?!

Portland Cream, Double Chocolate & Raspberry Romeo are my guesses!?

I know the reviews of this place can be like marmite but we all really enjoyed them.

Our 2 cost approx $7.45 which I was pleasantly surprised by.

Another great day.

Tomorrow - My birthday! Panera Bread, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, The Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Disney Springs & Longhorns Steakhouse.

Thanks for reading.

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List