Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Booked to go April but have yet to book Travel Insurance and now very confused!

Hope someone will be able to offer me some advice and guidance as my head is now in a complete spin

There is no way we would cancel unless we absolutely had to but the fear is always lurking that something may happen to prevent this (Covid or otherwise) so I like to be prepared for any eventuality.

I have just spent the last 2 hours sorting through all my travel documents looking at the T & Cs relating to Cancellation.

I have worked out that due to good cancellation terms on most elements of my holiday that as long as I don't cancel closer than 60 days out the loss of deposits would be around £200.

Obviously I have never gone on holiday without Travel Insurance and never would as I realise falling ill in the US would be a crippling amount of money.

But what I am puzzling over is at what point should I bite the bullet and buy Travel Insurance? I tell you why I am hesitating ... it is because of age and pre-existing health conditions our premium is very likely going to be £800+.

If we don't get to go and cancel before the 60 day cut off we will lose a negligible amount of money compared to the high Insurance premium.

It seems like it could be just money down the drain when we would not be using any cover
I dont suppose an Insurer would refund ?
Or am I looking at this all wrong ?

Could I leave getting Travel Insurance until nearer the time ?
This new variant is worrying me ...would an Insurer not cover us if it takes off and I've delayed getting it until then?

I am just going round in circles and need some clear minds on this please!

Anyone help me on the advantages of buy it now or buy it a bit later ?

Hope I've not confused you all too much !
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List