View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 22, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by HermioneGranger View Post
Thank you for this! I thought the cable cars might be a tight squeeze with our suitcases. We're staying at the one in Fisherman's Wharf! I'll price up the options and see what works out best, a cab/uber might be the easiest start.
The cable cars are great!.. but as you can see from images, they don’t have a great deal of space, with passengers standing on the side boards.

The hotel Rui looks really nice, has a pool and also has a few bicycles on first come first served hire. It also gets good reviews and sounds remarkable value, given its very good location.

SFO is an awesome, iconic place.. but be aware and prepared for widespread homelessness, particularly if you venture far from the tourist areas.
For us this time, ‘The Love Bus’ will be an absolute highlight as I like all the summer of love music and find that whole episode, absolutely fascinating. The fact that it is a guided tour means that hopefully I won’t miss anything in the Haight Ashbury area.

The ‘Dylan’s ultimate’ cycle tour with Sausalito and Muir Woods was also excellent on our last visit.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List