View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 18, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Jlo31
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by thefergies View Post
I suspect a Group policy (usually defined as 2 or more adults travelling with or without children) will be cheaper than 5 individual policies and I am certain you will pay more if you have the travel agent arrange it. The travel agent usually "buys" cover from the underwriter and then sells it on to it's customers with their margin on top. So cheaper to use a comparison site like Travel Supermarket and one of the group arrange it for the party. They would need to ensure they ask the others re any medical conditions though as that may impact matters and mean an individual policy for that person is better option or that all the rest of you need to make insurer aware you know of an existing condition amongst your travel party.
No massive cover benefit between group and individual policies - the wordings are largely identical. So on basis you answer all medical questions accurately and something happens then if I use a policy I bought and look at the scenario you mentioned of possibly having to cancel before travelling or curtail/cut short part-way through the holiday, the relevant wording on the policy I bought was bog-standard and would apply to each of the party up to whichever Sum Insured per person you select -

"Cancellation -If you cancel your journey before it begins because one of the following happens:
• The death, serious injury or serious illness of you, someone you were going to stay with, a travelling
companion, or a relative or business associate of you or a travelling companion.
• You or a travelling companion is called for jury service in your home country or as a witness in a court in
your home country
• You or a travelling companion is needed by the police following a burglary, or damage caused by serious fire,
storm, flood, explosion, subsidence, vandalism, fallen trees, impact by aircraft or vehicle at your home or their
home or usual place of business in your home country.
• Your redundancy
Curtailment
You cut your journey short (curtail) after it has begun because of one of the following:
• Anything mentioned in Cancellation except redundancy.
• You are injured or ill and are in hospital for the rest of your journey."

hope this helps
It helps massively thanks. I've just run an individual few quote for my daughter and it was around £28 with LV and aviva was over £40

I think I'll let them get a quote from the travel agent as they are all going together tomorrow to book so can sort out if their are any pre existing conditions etc and get a quote . I have said to my daughter if it works out more than £30 each then don't buy it as would be cheaper to go down the individual route.

Thanks again.

James
Jlo31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List