View Single Post
Old 31 Oct 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I went to the footie a lot with my Dad as a kid on our own, and I think at 12 he did have us in separate gender toilets, but I was a very savvy 12 year old. But he took me from 5 to Ipswich where we lived at the time which was a premier/championship equiv club, so pretty busy, what do you do?
You have your daughter, you need a wee, she needs a wee. I think this is why gender neutral toilets are so useful.
But as Duchy said before, basically is safety not more important than the sight of a man weeing from behind?
I’m pretty sure he would have been in far more bother if he had lost me rather than me catching a glimpse of a bloke having a wee
I guess I was never really put in that position . Generally speaking we went out as a family all 4 of us , or in two twos- me with sun and wife with daughter .
I don’t recall at what age I would have let my son go to the toilet on his own - be that the footy / town centre / services etc but thinking no older than 8 , probably younger.

I would have had no problem at 8 or 10 just letting him go on his own at the footy while I was still sat in my seat / stood on the terraces watching the game - but it wasn’t like there were millions of people at Bury games

I don’t recall ever being in a gender neutral toilet - unless it was just a single general use cubicle . Not sure how I would feel if I was sharing the communal area ( ie sinks etc) with both men and women . Logically it shouldn’t be a problem but when for 50 years I have been used to just blokes, I suspect I would feel a bit uncomfortable
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 09:05 AM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List